Monday, February 13, 2017

About Movie Connoisseur

Hello! My name is Movie Connoisseur. Watching movies has been something I have been doing my entire life. I have watched every genre of movie out there, as well as watched a film from almost every decade. When I was a child I would watch several movies a week. Now with my real world scheduled I have toned down on the movie watching.

Even though I watch less movies now I have broadened my movie watching experience. I currently research critically acclaimed and historically significant movies to watch. This has led me to dig deeper into what goes into making a movie, and everything behind the film. This movie knowledge has led me to even re-watch films I loved growing up and gave me a better appreciation for them.

A couple movie I have watched recently that I have looked deeper into:

  • North by Northwest
  • A Fist Full of Dollars
  • Taxi Driver
  • Eternal sunshine for the spotless mind


There are many things that the average movie goer can miss. Some examples are different styles of cinematography that help tell a story, or give a different perspective. Another example is color throughout movies that go unnoticed that help set up a scene or help set up a tone a director is trying to show.

My goal is to help the average person get a better understanding of what goes into making a movie, and help them get a better appreciation of film.

As the famous film critic once said "it's not what a movie is about, it's how it is about". When a film is looked at deeper than just the surface people will gain a greater appreciation of what film can be to them.

To contact me email me at movieconnoisseur8@gamil.com

No comments:

Post a Comment